Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mick Cornett Should Hire Me

I'm being so good this week! I already worked out 3 days.....Saturday I ran 4 miles, Monday I ran 3 and this morning I did the elliptical for 30 minutes and some weights. Yesssss.

Actually, I only went this morning because Ryan's mom called last night and told me she was coming to drag me out of bed at 5:30am to go to the gym with her. I begged and pleaded...I'm not a morning person!! But she wouldn't take no for an answer. I actually don't feel that bad. I'm a little tired, but that's pretty normal considering Ryan wakes me up every morning at 3:30am when his alarm goes off and he starts getting ready to go to the hospital. I usually can't sleep much after that happens, which is why we go to bed at 9 every night. I HATE IT.

I was so so sooooooo excited this week because I do national public relations for the mayor when he travels. Well, this week he's going to NYC and I've been talking to the usual....David Letterman, Rachel Ray, The Today Show.....only this time I was super successful!!!!!! I have booked Mayor Cornett on: Bloomberg Thursday morning between 7-7:30, Scoreboard with David Asman (Fox Business News Show) Thursday night at 7pm, and GOOD MORNING AMERICA JUST CALLED! Woo hoo! That's big time. Mayor Cornett should have a national Andrea Kurys day for all I do for him. He's going to be talking about the economy, because I pitched an angle that the media is loving right now: Oklahoma City is the #1 most recession proof city in America! Yay us.

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

you have SUCH a fun job. i am jealous. i'm supposed to be doing something like that ... not being an account executive in business development for a recruiting firm. blah.

oh! i do want to know want to hear your pitch about okc being the #1 recession proof city ... seriously. asap.