Monday, May 18, 2009

I might be getting a new job...

I had a major job interview today, and it went very well!

On Friday night, the president of the OKC YMCA called and said that he had received my resume and would be flying in on Monday. He asked if I could come in for an interview that morning, because he was short on time and flying back out the next day. I accepted, and then panic set in!

Luckily, Jenny was here to go to the mall with me and help pick out an interview suit (I don't have any now since my old reporting days...I used to buy all kinds of different jackets, but no matching pants since you couldn't see below the news desk, haha!) We went to a few places and then to Dillards. I finally found a nice grey one, with a very pricey sticker....I decided to buy it and return it after the interview. I taped the tags up inside the suit with tape. Don't judge me, I can't afford a $350 suit! It didn't even wrinkle, and nobody suspected a thing today when I brought it back.

Anyway- the interview! The guy was very soft-spoken, and told me a bit about the YMCA and the position. Then he asked me if I had any questions for him. I had done quite a bit of research last night in preparation, so I had my list of questions ready in my head. I kind of felt like I was interviewing him by the time I was done. But he didn't ask me much, he seemed happy to answer my questions and we talked a bit about KTEN and Canada. I couldn't get a good read on him. He told me that he would be back next week, and would let me know either way because they needed to fill the position pretty fast.

Cross your fingers! It would be a huge step up in my career!

4 comments:

Rhiannon said...

what?? how did you not even mention this on the phone today or even by text???

i'm sure you did phenomenal! i can't wait to hear what the guy has to say when you next talk with him.

Rhiannon said...

the chicken & avocado & the wine were all delicious! i could go for some more right now

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

good luck!

by the way, we did the spicy chicken crunch wrap supreme last night. delicious!!!

Rhiannon said...

okay missy ... you have to blog about your recent kate hudson adventure ...