More on the wedding homefront.
We really want to have a laid-back At Home Reception a month or two after the wedding so that all of our friends and family who couldn't make it to Maui can come!
I know the perfect spot...Greenfield Winery! I called yesterday to see if we could even afford it, and I think we can do everything for around $1,500! They are kind of out in the country, but they have a beautiful vinyard and a big terrace that overlooks everything. They have a gazebo area outside for a band, but the guy said everyone would probably fit inside and it will be so hot in late July anyway. We could do appetizers and wine and beer and hire live music, it sounds so fun!
I want to do a scouting trip with Ryan really soon, because it's been over a year since we visited and I can't remember how big it is inside.
I also booked our officiant this week and he looks great. He's this big, sweet Hawaiian older guy named Pastor Laki. He will do all of the Hawaiian twists in the ceremony but it will still be religious, which is what we wanted.
I'm now looking into my florist, wedding cake designer and catering company! I feel like I'm getting so much accomplished. I also have a preliminary design ready for our Save the Dates, but I need to nail down the colors. My fuschia is REALLY bright and the orange isn't quite the right color. I hate Microsoft Word!
Ryan asked me if I could request off a half day on August 14 and the whole day off August 17 so we would have a long weekend. He didn't say why but I'm TOTALLY GETTING ENGAGED!!!!!!!
1 comment:
aaaahhhh!!!! omgggg!!!! :D :D :D :D
Post a Comment