Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wedding stuff update







The only thing I ever want to write about now is our wedding since I'm in the middle of so many FUN projects right now!

I ordered vintage wedding signs from a lady on Etsy. A set of 3 signs that say "Wedding," "Cocktails" and "Dancing," and one that says "Welcome to our Wedding, Andrea and Ryan, 6-10-10, and two little ones that say "Bride" and "Groom" that we can hang in our bridal suites/on our chairs at the wedding. I think they are going to be so cute!!

I ordered parasols last week and I'm soooo impatient waiting for them to get here. I got 5 fuschia ones and 5 orange ones. I will wait to see them before I decide which ones the girls will be holding....then the moms and grandmas get the other color. I also ordered two dozen plain white ones for the guests.

I ordered white finger starfish that I'm going to tie the escort cards to using ribbon in our colors. And finally, I ordered raffia palm fans and I'm going to wrap the handles in ribbon, then attach our monogram. Those are for the ceremony.

I will be running to the door every day this week to see if anything has arrived!!!

I still haven't decided on centerpieces, but the florist I'm working with has some good ideas on how to re-use flowers from the ceremony (I think we're decorating the bamboo arch with some) by transfering them to vases or using for the cake, etc. She's really good at working with my tiny budget! I'm only going to do a medium scattering of rose petals down the aisle, because it still looks really pretty and it's a couple hundred dollars less than full coverage.

I had a great conversation with Rhiannon about our invitation and paper projects. She's going to be helping me create these gorgeous invites I found on Prim & Pixie, and then we're going to coordinate everything...like monogram, menus, place cards, etc. I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

My weekend has already flown by...we went to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday to register and it was a blast! We registered for everything- china to bath towels to kitchen gadgets. Even Ryan admitted he was having fun, I let him work the scanner while I took notes, haha! Then we took his mom out for lunch at a new Mexican restaurant and I brought her cupcakes from Sara Sara, which we stuck a candle in! Today I'm going to try and get some cleaning done and hang out with a friend who just bought a new house with her boyfriend.

I don't want it to be Monday tomorrow!!!!!

No comments: