Friday, July 30, 2010

Design Session

Our design session was a lot of fun! We spent 4 hours picking out everything from bricks to grout to tile to backsplash colors. When we were finished, I felt so giddy and impatient to see it all come together!

We picked purple accent walls and a medium shade of beige for the main walls. The kitchen backsplash is cool, it's a mix of purple, teal, yellow and brown. The vessel sink for the guest bathroom is going to be really cool, and I love the granite that we got for the island and countertops.

The granite and the wall trim were the only things Ryan and I disagreed on. He wanted this black and red swirly granite that I HATED. It would have been so dark, and masculine. We actually couldn't come up with a resolution because the only other granite I liked was pretty light and Ryan hated it. Then Jeff (our builder) called the granite company and found out this granite that had been discontinued could be ordered for our house...and he showed us the sample and it was perfect! It was a medium shade, not too light and not too dark and Ryan and I agreed on it. I let him do crown molding for the walls and trim, even though I think it looks way cooler without.

When we were done at the design session, we drove over to the house. The framework has been completed and you can walk through and picture what it's going to look like. So exciting! I can't wait for them to start putting up the walls and painting...we should be in by Halloween!!

No comments: