Rhiannon was in Edmond at a spa day, and we left town around the same time. I beat her to Tulsa, so Travis and I went to Target to get some yummy breakfast food. When we got back, Rhiannon was waiting for us and we immediately got back into the car to have dinner at Chili's. Travis had invited their neighbors to join us because they had never really hung out. We all spent the evening trading stories and getting to know them. Nice people, they were from the Virginia area and have a cute beagle that they dress up for holidays. Ha!
After we left Chili's, we came back to the apartment and settled in for drinks and a movie. I convinced her to watch Shutter Island because I had already seen it. The premise is so crazy that I wanted to see it again, and told Rhiannon that it wasn't scary. She disagreed with that statement several times throughout the movie (and had trouble sleeping- I feel bad now, but I really didn't think it would bother her!)
My friend and her cute dog
Saturday morning, Rhiannon cooked us a huge breakfast of sausage, pancakes and eggs. Then we drove around running errands. She stopped at a cute paper shop to check prices on wedding invitation paper and then we went to Target to buy food for the Scentsy party.
That afternoon, Rhiannon's mom came over and we made a veggie tray, amazing bruschetta, stuffed mushroom caps, two kinds of wings, spring rolls, chocolates, cheesecake bites and hummus.
We had just finished with the food when Rhiannon's friend Kate called and told her that her dog had been hit by a car. She wasn't going to be able to make it. Then we got more news that a few other girls couldn't make it either. I think Rhiannon was a little bummed, but she cheered up when we started eating and then Reggie's mom showed up. We had a good time smelling and commenting on all the scents.....and made a pretty good dent in the food.
I was sad to leave that night, but I had to open the next day at the restaurant. It was a super short visit but I'm glad I got the chance to catch up and spend some quality time with those crazy kids and their dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment