Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Review

I didn't get a weekend off....I lived at the restaurant. It was exhausting.

I worked a double on Saturday. Lunch was pretty slow, and I didn't feel like driving home during my two hour break, so I just hung out and ate lunch there and read my book (The Girl Who Played with Fire, it is fantastic!) My night shift started out horrible with two ladies camping at one of my tables for almost 3 hours. Things didn't get much better when the last table of the night left without leaving me a tip. It was 3 people, with a $60 tab and we had been joking around, they were really nice, and I didn't mind waiting around for an extra hour and a half when I could have been finishing up my side work and getting home. When they left, I saw a line drawn through the tip part of the credit card slip. I looked high and low around the table because surely they had left me some cash. Nope. What is wrong with people??

I got home around midnight and went straight to bed. Then I woke up and put on my work clothes again. Sunday morning opening shifts are the worst. I got there at 10, and nobody even came into the restaurant until 12:30. It was probably the slowest I have ever seen it. The manager sent everyone home around 1. She had cut me too, but I asked to stay because I needed to make some more money. I was there until 5 and did ok, since we had a little pop right before the evening shift took over.

Now it's Monday and I need a break.

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

oh my goodness!!! what a horrible weekend! luckily you get to come see me this coming weekend. ;)

Jenny said...

UGH!! I can't believe they completely stiffed you - that is so horrible. I really don't understand people at ALL sometimes.