My hangup is that I am very much a matchy-matchy person. I always like it when other people pick fun things that don't necessarily "match" but seem to fit anyways though. Example: my best friend's living room. I told her, I never would have picked out those curtains (or these mirrors that you can't see here), but everything pulls together and looks fantastic.

So here is what I'm thinking. We have these colors in the kitchen backsplash:

That gives me purple, greyish blue, olive, and cream to work with. Throw in some brown and silver because of our wall trim and appliances, and maybe some red because of an entry light we have that looks pretty cool.
Before our housewarming party, my goal is to buy some pillows for the seating nook, some bar stools for the island, some art to cover the empty space on the walls and some vases to stick on mantle.
Here are some contenders.
Barstools from Lamps Plus (faux leather)

Pillows from Lamps Plus and Etsy Seller "Mia and Stitch"


And the painting of the horse in this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffclickhomes/4322983661/in/set-72157623205761333
That's all I've got so far.
Ideas? Thoughts?
3 comments:
Man, decorating is SO hard!! And saying that our living room isn't matchy-matchy but is pulled together is about the biggest compliment you could ever give me. I am naturally SO matchy-matchy (even though I love the mis-matched look too); Tim is the one who helped me step out of my comfort zone... maybe HE should be your decorator!! :) I like the barstools and the black/white (I think?) pillows... but I'm not sure if the pillows go. I'm not crazy about the light blue (love it on the backsplash, but wouldn't make it an accent color in the living room). I'll have to think about this one... and I lied, I don't think I can do it over the computer... need to see everything in person! :(
On second inspection, the pillows DO go - I like them a lot. (the black/white ones)
OMG! How did bella get up in that big window?! she's insane!
Post a Comment