Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year



No time like the present to start on my 2012 "goals." Heehee!

NYE ended up being pretty fun, despite the fact that it's my least favorite holiday because it's over-hyped and we usually don't do anything that spectacular.

I met up with Rachel yesterday afternoon to see NYE at the movies. It made me that much more unimpressed with my plans for the evening, because they did not involve the NYC ball drop, secret romance, concerts, sparkly dresses, or any of the glamorous hoopla that we watched unfold on the big screen.

After the movie, I headed to Target to pick up a bunch of mixers for our cocktails and "mocktails" (for Jana). When I got home, I had a meltdown because I didn't like any of my outfits and had nothing to wear. I settled on the same outfit I wore to all of the Christmas parties - a silvery grey sequin tank top with a light purple long-sleeved shirt with lace and sparkle. Covers up my fat arms. I can not WAIT to start boot camp again tomororw. Then Josh and Jana brought their dog over and left her here while we went to dinner at Upper Crust. There was a 45 minute wait, but Jeff saw me and bumped us to the front of the wait. Sweet! He also gave my an employee discount. So nice.

After dinner, we headed over to Patrick and Mallory's house for a few hours of Catch Phrase and "The Blue Drink" that Mallory invented that I must have had 5 gallons of. Blue Mountain Dew and blue vodka. I mixed up a bunch of yummy non-alcoholic drinks for Jana. A favorite of mine consisted of sparkling white grape juice, sprite, sparklin soda water and strawberry pop rocks. I threw some pop rocks into Josh's drink and they exploded into his eye. Kind of similar to an incident that occured with a champagne bottle the night before, which I have yet to recap. I digress. The house was cute, they blew up a ton of silver and white balloons that were all over the floor and Mal had silver glitter covered popcorn. I knew most of her friends, everyone got along and had a great time.

We headed back to our house about an hour before midnight. Jana had indigestion, we wanted to beat the drunks on the road, the dogs had been crated for 5 hours and I think they just wanted to get away from the large group and have it be a bit more intimate. We had champagne with raspberries and a quiet countdown with a New Years Eve kiss with my sweetie. We were talking about it, and this is the 4th year in a row we have spent NYE with Josh and Jana. I love them.





This morning I slept in until noon! And have been lazily reading "The Night Circus" all day. Pretty perfect. I had better hop in the shower, we are going to a secret shop at Hefner Grill tonight :)

No comments: