Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas party

Is it Christmas yet?

Last week I took a whirlwind trip to DC for our company Christmas party and IT WAS CRAZY.

Wednesday morning our plane was leaving at 7am, so I had to get up at 4am to make sure I was all packed and straighten my hair, blah blah blah. Patrick was supposed to pick me up at 5:40 to get us to the airport on time. He texted around 6 asking where my house was, ahhh!!! We barely made our flight...our boss was on a different flight but it was leaving at the same time, so he was calling us wanting to know where we were. We were like, "We're going through security! We're coming!!" So we ran down the hall and were like the last people to get on the plane. We had a quick layover in Denver and got to DC around 1pm. We had to go straight to the office because Patrick had to be in some meetings, so we took a cab and when we got there everyone was so happy to see us. It was fun for awhile, walking around and talking to everyone I hadn't seen in person since June. Then I snuck out to go check in at the hotel.

The hotel was called "Hotel Rouge,' and it reminded me of a prostitute house. Everything was in red, and even the elevator had really dim red light when you got inside. My room had a giant red leather headboard and a giant mirror (like the size of the wall!) next to the bed! Haha!

I was exhausted, so I layed down for 20 minutes and then it was time to go to the dinner. I had bought this awesome black cocktail dress from Express that I was dying to wear....it was layered and had a big black flower on the front. I bought sparkly black diamonds to match. Well, our boss put on the email that he sent out "Business Attire." So all the girls dressed down, they said last year everyone wore dresses but they weren't sure this year since he put that. So I just wore my striped black and blue sweater with black leggings.

The dinner was at the Hay-Adams hotel and it was really, really fancy! I got there before everyone else, so I made small chat with this old Asian guy who was serving me champagne. When everyone showed up, we drank champagne and talked for awhile...then we had a four course meal with steak and the best chocolate cake I've ever had in my life. Our wine glasses were never empty, the Asian guy was stalking around with the wine bottles and we were laughing so hard that we were crying. I was timing him to see how long it took for him to fill up our glass after we drank half....at one point, I was telling my friend Maria that I was going to time her glass too, and as soon as she set it down he was magically there to fill it back up. So funny. I drank wayyyy too much.

When dinner was over, we all walked to a cool bar and we had the back room to ourselves basically. My boss opened a tab and we could order whatever we wanted (again, not a good idea for me). We were all getting pretty goofy, taking pictures and just talking for hours. We finally left there to go to another bar and by then, everyone was wasted. The girls were dancing on the club lounge seats like crazy people, the bosses were laughing hysterically.....I don't know if we blended in or if everyone in there thought we were insane. I went over to the bar and bumped into a guy who bought me a drink (hey, I can't say no!) He was asking who these crazy people were...I was like...oh, I'm not with them, haha!

At some point we all left....it's a miracle I made it out with my purse and coat....and went to another bar! I don't remember much from that one, I just remember getting seperated from the group and wandering around some dark hallways...it was an old house that was turned into a bar I think. I finally just took a cab home. The cab driver was foreign and I was cracking him up...he asked if he could take me on a tour of DC, free of charge! I said no thanks, so he wrote his number down and said to call him later if I changed my mind.

The next day I was SO SICK and barely made it without throwing up in the cab and plane. Ugh. I'm a retard. But it was so fun!!!!

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

Agh! It sounds like you had SUCH a good time! I'm really jealous that you got to take such a fabulous trip. I'm glad that you were able to get away and have such a good time, though. You needed it!