I AM SO MAD AT RYAN'S FRIENDS!! I guess they're mutual friends, but for these purposes, let's pretend they aren't in any way associated with me.
We are in Ashley and Mike's wedding. Great. Fine. Never mind that it's weird I'm a bridesmaid, since I barely know Ashley...but I'm trying to be supportive and happy. The whole group is going to be there...all of our old friends from college (I mean Ryan's friends.) We planned to drive there to save money, and Wes and Kenny said they would ride with us too. That was back in August. Ashley booked everyone's hotel rooms, and put people together in a room so we could split the cost since it's going to be 5 nights and the hotel is nice. That was a few months ago.
SO.....this week, I am trying to write/call everyone to double check this is still the way it's going to be. Nobody writes me back. Fine.
I call the people who are supposed to be sharing a room, Josh and Jana. Josh tells me Jana doesn't want to share a room and they are going to look for another hotel so they can have their own. Really???? When were they planning to tell us? The wedding stuff starts in a little more than a week, so by this point we're basically being screwed over!! I call Ashley to vent and tell her I don't know what we're going to do....I can't afford to pay $500 for a hotel room at Christmas time! So she tells me to call Josh back and tell him that everyone in the wedding party is supposed to stay at the hotel together for a reason, because we are going to be drinking and she doesn't want any of us to drive. Josh says he'll have to discuss with Jana. This goes on....until FINALLY Josh calls back to say ok, they'll do it. They will share a room and split the cost with their "friends." Fabulous.
Ryan finds out from Kenny that he has decided to fly straight from Thailand to Alabama and won't be carpooling. Which....ok, I can see why that makes sense....but WHEN EXACTLY were you going to tell us??? Ryan just happened to learn this little bit of knowledge when they were both online playing their stupid computer game. Then, today Wes finally writes back. Here is our conversation, copied straight from Facebook:
Wes Wilke
Today at 4:27pm
I am flying from DFW to 'bama!Is that what you were wondering?
Andrea Kurys
Today at 4:28pm
??????? you and kenny said you were riding with us??? now you're both ditching!
Andrea Kurys
Today at 4:31pm
Do you remember this message?
Kenny Somvongsiri- July 23 at 8:57pm
I'll drive down there with you all. Was my original plan anyways. Talked to you the other day already anyways. So we would leave what time dec 26? Early morning or during the day?
Wes WilkeJuly 24 at 12:14am-count me in for carpool goodness!so much ♥
Wes Wilke
Today at 4:38pm
That was before I knew how many people were trying to fit in one car. It makes more sense for me to fly than to drive to OK and then drive to AL.
Andrea Kurys
Today at 4:49pm
Well, now it's just Ryan and me....and I'm flying to North Dakota after the wedding so Ryan is going to have to drive back by himself. I wish you and Kenny would have let us know sooner, because now it's a little more than a week out.
He wasn't even going to say anything!!! And we aren't trying to fit tons of people, Ryan has a big SUV and it was going to be the 4 of us.
So now Ryan is stuck driving back from Alabama by himself because I just checked flights and they are way too expensive last minute. I DON'T EVEN WANT TO GO TO THIS WEDDING!!!
There. I feel better now.
2 comments:
this would make me really mad too - you are completely justified. you should email me with a link when you post a new blog - i tried to subscribe when you first sent it to me, but it won't let me since it's private... and then i always forget to check it if i'm not subscribed! i want to read them though - keep myself informed on the goings on in your life. i miss you terribly, friend.
agh!!!! how frustrating for you!! i'm so very, very sorry. you can always call and yell on the phone if it helps to have someone listening and interjecting appropriate supportive comments and gasps of shock and anger.
loves.
Post a Comment