I've been reading articles lately about modern-day "Hoovervilles" sprouting up everywhere. People getting laid off, losing their homes, inflation.....it's bad news out there. Who knows, maybe I'll start an Oklahoma City Barackville soon.Still no word from DC on the situation with the Oklahoma City office. I confronted Larry this morning before anyone else was here and asked him if I should be worried. He told me I need to be looking for another job. They slashed his salary indefinitely....until we can get new clients....and he said he's been looking for something else so that he can get out of here.
I'm going on a secret shop tonight with Hailee. We are going to Louie's by my house, and she asked if we have to go incognito. I told her yes, we need giant sunglasses and aliases! I used to enjoy secret shops, but they're a lot of work for a free meal...I have to write up a report that takes about an hour and rate everything from cleanliness of salt and pepper shakers to how many seconds it took our server to bring our drinks out after we ordered them. At least my guest always has a nice time! I have yet to figure out an inconspicuous way to take notes at the table...I usually feel so obvious writing things down on my notepad and trying to hide it when the server comes by! Haha!
Last weekend was fun. On Saturday night Ryan and I met Josh and Jana at Cafe Do Brazil.

It's in Midtown, and none of us had ever been there. I suggested it because I'm always hearing good things about it and I am on a quest to eat at all of the random local places around here. It was great! Live jazz music, great drinks (Brazilian sugar cane, rum and muddled limes over ice!), and the food was interesting and tasty. After we ate, all of us went up to the roof to have a few more drinks overlooking the skyline. Our waiter turned on the outside heating lamp for us, and we stayed for a long time catching up on everything.
This weekend I really need to practice outside with the soccer ball! Our first game is in 2 weeks. I wish my back would magically heal....I'm really worried that it's going to interfere with this season and I can't get in to see an orthopedic surgeon until April!
I'm going to spend the rest of the day hunting for a job online. I won't even feel guilty about wasting company time doing it because I'm so bitter about this whole situation.
2 comments:
for starters, you will NOT end up in a barackville. =)
any luck on the search?
man that sucks about your job :( if i come across anything, you'll be the first to know! i love cafe de brazil! its so nice on that roof! i miss you friend!!! lets hang out soon
Post a Comment