Friday, March 6, 2009

Scentsy...it's amazing!



It's been a rough week.
I was on-the-verge of being sick for the first part of the week, then full-blown cold/flu/allergies for about 3 days now. I worked from home after lunch yesterday and had to cancel most of my plans...I'm feeling crummy today, but I came in anyways because I really hate missing work. My boss never believes me when I call in sick.
I'm also (once again!) stressed about my job security. My boss got a call Wednesday from the 'big boss' in Memphis....and he took his cell phone outside to talk to him. I heard him say as he was leaving, "Well, if we're going to talk about this now, let me at least go to my car." When he came back inside an hour later, he was a completely different person. He was quiet and didn't talk to us the rest of the day, which is so unlike him. The next day it was the same thing, only I heard him on the phone all day setting up meetings with different people. He was asking if the NBA team was hiring, etc. Today I heard him say something about March 18...which would be two weeks from the day he got the phone call. I figure the big boss is giving it 2 weeks, and if our company can't bring in any new business by then, he's going to be laid off.
If he gets laid off...I wouldn't last long! An office run by me and Patrick? Maybe we would get to work from home for awhile, but I don't think it would last. I guess we'll see what happens. I'm so tired of worrying about it.
I've found a new obsession through the lady who owns 'Dream Dinners.' It's called Scentsy, and it's a wickless candle that comes in hundreds of scents. You buy a warmer and then bricks of the different scents...a lightbulb in the warmer heats the brick until it is a hot pool of wax giving off a really strong scent that fills the entire room! I've got grapefruit in my office right now...and earlier this week, I was burning the raspberry vanilla brick. I like to play in the wax when it's in liquid from and let it dry on my fingertips. It makes them soft and they smell really good!


They just came out with their new Spring catalogue, which has a safari collection with zebra, giraffe and leopard warmers. I just placed an order not too long ago, so I'm broke- drat.
Sorry this post is all jumbled together...I keep putting spaces in it, and then when I post it they disappear!



2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

oh friend, i'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling sick. i've been so wrapped up in all the other things that i haven't even checked in to see how you are doing.

i'm sorry to hear about your job again. hopefully you'll land an amazingly large account that will keep eveyone set for quite some time.

call me if i can do anything for you.

Rhiannon said...

fyi, i posted a new entry today, but you will have to scroll down on the page to find it b/c i started typing it in february and blogger posts thing in order of original draft date (a feature i rather enjoy as i can still keep stories in order even when i don't get to finish typing them the day i start them).