Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday- Work was ridiculously boring on Friday, and I don't know how I made it until the end of the day. I still haven't heard anything from DC, and every day I thank God that I still have my job. As boring as it can be, I love the work I do and I will miss it terribly when I finally have to go. I got home around 5:00, because I packed up my stuff at 4:30 and Larry told me I could leave. Ryan and I were supposed to meet his Dad and girlfriend at the German restaurant, and then head to the casino. We had to wait until 7:30 because Ryan realized he didn't have any clean clothes to wear. I stopped doing his laundry this month, so he would be forced to help out a little around the house. Of course, this led to another huge fight about how the chores should be divided. He thinks he helps out a lot and said he does about 40%...I started laughing because that's nowhere close. I know he works 80 hours weeks, but why should I be the one stuck with dishes, laundry, vaccuming, making dinner, etc??? I work a 45 hour week too, AND I'm not his wife. I think that's the part that bothers me the most. He's basically getting a live-in maid and our 5 year anniversary is in 2 weeks.

I don't even think he's close to proposing. I just don't understand...there is nothing he can say anymore that is a good enough reason for not being engaged. I need a year to plan the wedding, and in one year he graduates med school and will start his residency. That may mean moving to another city or state, and I told him I'm not moving unless we're married. So....he's seriously running out of time and I am set on moving out at the end of the summer if it hasn't happened yet. I hate that it has to be this way- I shouldn't have moved in last year, but it just made sense financially at the time. Now it's just stressing me out and when (if) it happens, it already feels ruined. If he would have just done it a few years ago when it made sense, it could have been romantic and exciting. Why does he get to choose when we start our lives together?

Ok, I didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

But I ended up going with him to the restaurant, even though I really wasn't in the mood and it turned out ok. We had a good time with his Dad and girlfriend. They just got back from a week in Mexico at an all-inclusive resort and it made me really jealous and longing for a vacation! We played blackjack the rest of the night at the casino and I lost and Ryan won, like always, haha!

Saturday- we slept in and then I was completely lazy the rest of the day. I watched Anne of Green Gables and napped on the couch all afternoon. Ashlie called to wake me up around 4:30 and asked if we wanted to go out to the Deli to hear Mama Sweet play. I haven't seen her for awhile, and we decided to go. We got there around 9:30 before it started to fill up and grabbed a table. Before long, it was packed! The bands were really good (CharlieHorse opened for them) and Ashlie and I texted back and forth all night since we couldn't hear each other talk! We left around 1am and I was so exhausted.

Sunday- I woke up and decided to clean the house, since I had let it get so dirty to try and make Ryan help me clean. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I did dishes, did all the laundry, took out the trash and then clipped coupons from the Sunday paper. I felt really productive, so I decided to work out and ran 3.5 miles at the gym. It took me a long time, but my back didn't hurt very much and I decided to take advantage of that! I did a few stretches and crunches on the mat before I came home and I feel good. Tonight I think we're going to watch 'Milk' with Sean Penn and make popcorn like we're at the movies. There was nothing playing at The Warren that we wanted to see, so we're staying in (and saving money!)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

what a great and productive Sunday! I'm at home and there is actually NO drama, we are having a great time. So, your blog isn't private
Anymore? Maybe now it will
Let me add it to my homepage and I can stay updated! :)