Thursday, April 16, 2009

April Brings Out My Inner Social Butterfly

Good gosh! I have so much going on lately!

My calendar for this month is absolutely packed....and I love it. I think that staying busy, along with the beautiful Spring weather has done wonders for my depression. I have been in such a great mood lately!

This past weekend, Amy and I volunteered with the Alliance of Emerging Professionals to do some community service. We were originally supposed to hit the Food Bank, but plans changed and we found ourselves downtown helping to set up for the annual Festival of the Arts. We set up a giant canvas tent over the concert stage, hauled flowers from a moving van and planted a flower bed. By the end of our time there, my back was KILLING ME!!! But, it felt good to donate some of my time to a good cause- the arts! I can't wait to go to the festival, it starts on Saturday and runs for about a week and a half.

This weekend I am going to Tulsa to shop for bridesmaid dresses with my dear friend Rhiannon! I'm excited to see her, since we haven't talked much since her engagement party. I already fell in love with one of the dress styles she sent me, so I hope the other bridesmaids have similar tastes. I am particularly dreading trying on the dresses though- hopefully I can lose a few sizes before the actual wedding.

Speaking of, the diet isn't going so well lately. With all of the things planned during the weeknights and weekends, I haven't found any time to hit the gym. Getting up early before work just isn't possible either. Things should slow down near the end of the month and I need to get back on track!

I met Margaret and Hailee at Bisonwitches in Norman last night. Margaret is married now!!! It's so weird. We went to see her "rental house" after dinner, and it is huge. They are in the middle of building their dream house out on some land outside of Norman and I can't imagine what it is going to look like. In the meantime, they have an enormous backyard and pool, so I will probably be spending most of my summer over there, haha. Tonight I'm heading back to Norman to meet my old intern Shea for dinner. Ryan has been busy with his gynecology rotation (oh the stories he tells me about this) so we haven't seen each other much this week. I kind of miss him :(

No comments: