I have been inspired by Rhinnen to update the blog....
My weekend was a blur! Friday I went to the mall to use some great coupons at Express and Victoria's Secret before they expired. I ended up staying for a few hours, trying on makeup in Sephora and shoes at Aldo. It was nice not to have to hurry, knowing I had nothing going on that night. I did a little damage to the bank account though.
Saturday we woke up early so we could get on the road to Conway, AR. Ryan's cousin Krista was getting married and Ryan was an usher and I was the cake server. It was a 5 hour drive and it rained most of the way there. I got to wear my cute new dress and yellow cardigan, but I froze the whole time because the AC was cranked in the church and at the reception. The wedding was ok....but I grow tired of the same old "traditional" weddings, where everything is all the same. Cannon in D. Light the unity candle. Sign the guest book. Cut the cake. I guess it would be nice if they could have personalized it a bit more, show a bit of their style.....
They had the reception over at an Italian restaurant. The best part was the cheesecake buffet, ahhhh!!!! I tried every single kind. We didn't stay long, because there was no dancing, alcohol, or friends for us to hang out with. We chatted up the fam a bit and then everyone was gone within a few hours. We headed back out and drove the looooong road back home. We called his mom to see if we could stay with her when we got to Shawnee because we were falling asleep at the wheel!!
Sunday we woke up and took his mom, her brothers and Ryan's grandma out to eat at Chili's. The wait was horrendous. I missed my mom and grandma's a lot too, so I was kind of quiet the whole time and glad when we could finally go home. The rest of Sunday I napped on the couch and watched TV...the normal routine, haha!
2 comments:
agh! i hope that you think our wedding is fun. i'm trying to make it a lil different.
i'm sorry that you're so far away from your mom and the other women in your family; i know that can't be easy for you.
guess what -- your week is almost over! yay!
so how did you spend this sunday? drinking wine and watching desperate housewives? i missed it tonight so i will have to catch it online tomorrow!
Post a Comment