My family is here!!!
My mom, grandma, stepdad, and brother and sister drove all the way down from North Dakota last weekend and arrived in Tahlequah Saturday. Ryan and I met them there, after we woke up and sloooowly got ready to make the long drive down. I was feeling a little sick and tired from the birthday festivities the night before, but we got there not too long after they did.
Dex had bought a ton of luau stuff- leis, parrot figurines, hanging Hawaiian posters and tiki torches and we spent awhile decorating the cabin. It looks hilarious! Then my mom made a 3-hour long Walmart trip to buy groceries and stock up the cabin and Ryan and I sat around talking to everyone. We grilled out that night and had a giant pasta salad...then lounged outside under the car port with some beers. I got to open my presents and my mom and grandma got me this awesome beach bag and makeup bag from Target that I have been dying to buy!! It's huge and gold with a blue inside...and it has sequin goldfish on the outside. We were going to try and watch a movie later, but everyone was exhausted so we went to bed.
We woke up the next day and Dex wanted to take his new sports boat out for a test run. So Ryan and Parker went with him and took the wakeboard and the tubes. My mom, grandma, sister and I went back to Walmart for some stuff she had forgotten and cake mix for my birthday cake. I bought a river swimsuit...which isn't really a swimsuit, it's most like a tank top and shorts. We also ate lunch at Chili's and then came back to the cabin and put in "W." I started making dinner because I really wanted everyone to try these jalepeno and cream cheese stuffed hamburgers that I had made before. Then I ended up making my birthday cake too and we ate tons of food!! I sense a pattern here....
All of the girls are getting to the city tomorrow so we can get my aunt and sister from the airport on Saturday and Sunday, then I'm off for the week to bake in the sun at the lake and be completely lazy!!!!
1 comment:
It sounds like you are all having such a fun! fun! time. Give your mom, sister, and the kids a hug for me!
Post a Comment