I celebrated my birthday last Friday night....I sent out a big Evite to tell some friends that I was going to eat dinner at Chelino's in Bricktown and then heading to the new piano bar afterwards. A lot more people responded than I expected! Patrick, Mallory, Rebecca, Pete, Ashlie, Amy, Amy's boyfriend, and Chelsea all showed up for dinner. We sat out on the top deck and drank Mexican beer under the sun. It was so nice...and so hot! The sun was setting and we were all sweating like it was mid-summer. I ordered chicken fajitas, yum! Ashlie and Chelsea had to leave to go work the RedHawks baseball game, so the rest of us finished dinner and went over to the piano bar.
I got in free, woohoo! There was nobody in there yet, so we ordered drinks and sat around chatting. We got a great seat front and center! Josh and Jana showed up, and everyone wrote down song requests on sheets of paper they had at the table. I took them all and dropped them into the fish bowls on top of the two pianos up front where I thought they would go.
Before too long, a guy and a girl took the stage and started the party!! After a few songs, they announced that someone was having a birthday. They asked where "Andrea" was....I was like, OH CRAP. Mallory had written something on her song request. The bar was filling up, and they said they would get to me soon. So I was really nervous, fixing my hair and checking my teeth and putting on lip gloss. Soon...they called me to the stage and made me sit on the piano!!! I told him I would break it. He said I wouldn't, and when I was up there started to sing a really dirty song. I will spare you most of the lyrics, but they went something like "Give me your sixty and I'll give you my nine." And something about a hot dog and a stick. Oh yes.
As if that wasn't enough- after the song when I was jumping down from the piano, he asked if I was here with my husband or boyfriend. I pointed Ryan out and the pianist made him come up on stage. He gave him a piano bar sticker and asked if Ryan wanted to slap it on my front or behind! Ryan chose the latter....and then I had to bend over the piano and they played a quick intro and Ryan spanked me with the sticker.
What a night. We had a lot of laughs and a lot to drink...they had giant fish bowls that they filled with drinks named after famous songs. People kept buying me shots, I had a drink in front of me the entire time! Shea and Christy showed up near the end of the night. We had a little drama with some of the group who had too much to drink, but overall it was one of the best birthdays I think I've ever had! And to think I wasn't going to plan anything this year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment