Friday after lunch, Ryan's mom showed up to take us to the airport. I still had no idea where we were really going, and she wouldn't tell me either. When we got to the check-in counter, Ryan shielded me from the ticket screen. I glanced up at the flights, and the only one leaving at 1:30 was going to...Denver. Hmmm. I wasn't convinced, and then the ticket counter guy said, "Hurst to Vegas?" AHHH!!! I knew it!!! I pulled my phone out to start texting everyone, and then quickly realized that there was something wrong with my Blackberry when nobody wrote me back. A quick call to Rhiannon confirmed that I was no longer receiving incoming texts. Well, great!
We ate lunch after we got through security with no problems (Schlotzksy's, yum!) and boarded our plane to Denver. We had a pretty quick layover there, and then flew to Vegas. We landed at the airport, and after we picked up our luggage Ryan got a phone call. He walked away so I couldn't hear, and then came back. He didn't tell me anything and so we walked towards Starbucks. He told me we needed to wait there, and I asked him why we weren't going to get a cab. He said, "I have people." Oh, he has people.
About 10 minutes later, a guy came up to us and asked if we were ready. We went out the back way to the parking garage where...a limo was waiting! Sweet!!! All the way to the strip, I tried to get him to tell me where we were staying. As we passed hotel after hotel..the options got smaller. We neared Paris, and I held my breathe. The limo started to slow, but, it turned right instead of left. The Bellagio??? Wow!!
We went inside and checked in at the Executive lounge. I knew that the trip was going to be special, but I was already in disbelief. The people behind the counter mentioned something about the "Cypruss Suite," and we got our room keys. When we finally found our elevator, we went up to the 8th floor and I saw that the suite took up an entire wing by itself! It had it's own hallway and doorbell. We walked in to the room...and I immediately saw a bottle of champagne on ice, with chocolate covered strawberries sitting on the table in the living room. I got really nervous, I thought he was going to propose right then and there!
But he didn't...instead, we relaxed for a bit and poured the bubbly. Then Ryan said he had made dinner reservations at a French restaurant downstairs called Picasso. I took my champagne into my bathroom (we had our own) and started getting ready. I wasn't sure which dress I should put on...I was thinking, what if he asks me at dinner? I decided to go with the bright, multicolor one since I would match the restaurant atmosphere.
We went to dinner, and it was soooo fancy! The room was dimly lit, and there were gorgeous flowers everywhere. We were seated in the main part of the restaurant and we could see out these giant windows to the water show from our table. The menu was fixed prixe, so I had to bravely order some seafood. Everything that came out was delicious though! We had warm quail salad, I had smoked salmon (can you believe it??) with caulifleur mousse and the dessert was the most delicious chocolate cake with a melted chocolate center and candy ice cream on the side. We had the sommelier give us a recommendation for wine, and Ryan ordered a bottle from Austria. It was very good! At the end of dinner, it was apparent he was not going to propose...but I was completely relieved. I found myself getting crazy sick butterflies throughout our meal, wondering what I would do if a ring appeared on one of my plates!
When we left the restaurant, I was sooo tired. I didn't want to do anything but sleep! Ryan said ok, that he was tired to...so we didn't gamble, we just went straight to the room to cuddle and fall asleep. Our bed was ginormous, and it was directly in front of these massive windows overlooking the Paris hotel and the Bellagio water show. Holy Hannah. What. A. View. I could have stared out at that forever.
Saturday we woke up, and Ryan had booked us a couples massage at the spa! We went downstairs to find breakfast, and ended up at this famous French Patisserie called....
I can't remember. Will finish this tomorrow!! :)
2 comments:
AGH! I love that you've been waiting and waiting for this ... and yet you still go so nervous at the idea of a ring appearing.
What a fab, fab trip. I'm still so excited for you!
okay woman. you can never again give me a hard time for not blogging. =) you've not blogged since before your trip to vegas!
i hope all is well in your crazy busy world.
xoxo
Post a Comment