Abby and Dayton tried to have a baby for over a year and it was heartbreaking to watch and hear her talk about it. We didn't ever think they would get pregnant. And then one day, voila! Just when they had been talking about trying to use science to conceive. Very cool.
Abby is having a boy named Jordan, and he is due on Ryan's birthday- September
14th. She is the cutest pregnant lady ever. She has always been very small and fit, and she told us she has been working out, even until now. She does elliptical and low impact aerobics every day. She has hardly gained any extra weight, besides the baby bump. It's amazing!
We played a lot of games at her baby shower, which was on Saturday afternoon. Jana and Savanah were the hostesses, and we played "Guess the Circumference" of the baby bump using a string of yarn and then measure it against the real bump to see how close we were...
"Guess that Goo" where we had to smell/taste labeless jars and figure out what food it was (GROSS!!!)
We guessed the number of safety pins inside a glass jar. And of course, there was baby gift Bingo. Then after she unwrapped her gifts, we played another game where we had to make up a baby name using the letters in Dayton and Abby's full names. You could only use those letters and Abby got to pick her favorite. I thought of a funny one, and we were cracking up at the ones everyone else came up with. "Agile Bot," "Jail Bait," and mine..."Bojangle." I was laughing so hard I was crying. Abby picked mine! I won a cool reed diffuser.
I got her this teddy bear and an infant "Sleep Sack." You put the baby inside it when it sleeps and it looks like a baby burrito!
Look at all the great food we got to chow down on too! I didn't know there would be food, and I was starving before I arrived...so I had just eaten lunch at The Spicy Pickle and then I had to eat again. Haha! Mmmm.
Here's the group:
Congrats Abby and Dayton!!!
1 comment:
You updated! Yay! Hip hip horray! It looks like you guys had so much fun at the shower. I love that you hang out with Jana so often. She was so much fun at the wedding. Congrats to your friend and her soon-to-arrive baby Bojangle! Haha!
Post a Comment