Monday, August 30, 2010

Come See The Animals At Arbuckle Wilderness

On Sunday, I woke up extra early to pick Pauline up from her apartment. We were headed to...Arbuckle Wilderness! I told her about it when she first came to Oklahoma and she really wanted to go. This was one of the last weekends I have free before she leaves on October 1st, so we grabbed some breakfast and hit the road.

I had forgotten how much fun this place is.

There were camels,llamas and an alpaca that spit on us in the car.





There were antelope looking things.



Our favorites by far were the crazy zebras, who came right inside the car to eat the feed from our hands. It was a bit freaky when the food was gone and they were still looking for it...you can't just roll up the window to make them get out!






This picture cracks me up because Pauline didn't know the ostrich was behind her. She is terrified of them!!! There were tons of them roaming around, and every time she saw one coming up to the car she would freak out, shriek and try to roll the windows up really fast. I have a video of this happening several times. It's hilarious!!



The rest of the assortment of animals...





These giraffes stretched their long necks from the fence and were eating from her hands and licking the windows! It was so cute/gross!



I just love that place.

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

I love the new picture in the blog header!!!! GORGEOUS!

It looks like you girls had so much fun with all the aminals.