Thursday, October 14, 2010

Things Lately

It's been wayyy too long since I last updated. Lots going on, I'm not sure where to start.

Perhaps the most exciting thing is that we close on our house November 11. That's less than a month away! The original closing date was supposed to be October 29, but things are crazy right now- I'm working two jobs and Ryan is on a hard rotation. The mortgage broker is asking for all kinds of papers, letters and documents. The sink we picked ended up on backorder. Then some of our lighting choices were on backorder. We had to pick the blinds color. A lot to do in a few weeks, and we haven't even started packing! So, today when Brodie (the guy who showed us the houses) called, I told him we could push it back two weeks to make it easier on everyone involved.

I am anxious to see how everything is going to look when it's all in one place. We have made some crazy, fun choices and it will be very different. For example, here is our (2nd choice) vessel sink for the guest bathroom:





And here is the chandelier we chose to hang in the breakfast seating area...it will be one of the main focal points of our big open living room/kitchen/breakfast area:




So much time and thought went into every single thing...grout color, trim color, where we chose to have the concrete poured for the outside A/C unit. It's pretty stressful but it will be worth it!

In other news....

My mom decided to get a divorce. I admit, I didn't really see it coming. I knew they had their problems, but she kept most of that to herself. I haven't talked to him since the wedding and now it's weird, and a little sad to think that he's out of my life. I am visiting for Thanksgiving in November and wonder what the situation will be. He's still living at the house for now.

Pauline left to go back to France. I miss her a lot. She actually just called from Skype as I was writing this post and we talked for a half hour. Her parents were awake and I "met" them, haha. They seem really nice. I can't wait to meet them in person in a few years. I really do want to take a few weeks off and go spend some time with her and Agnes and show Ryan my favorite city in the entire world :)

Upper Crust is my free time now. I've been there about a month. It was rough at first, we went through training in a week and it was hours and hours each night going over the booklet in class. We were split into small groups, and we had a trainer named Ryan from Charleston's in Edmond. Then we did practice sessions the weekend before opening for all of corporate's friends and family. Now that we're open, I'm making decent money on the weekends. I haven't ever made over $100 in one night though...which I seem to remember doing at Johnny Carino's. I think business will be steady though. I can't wait to get our debt paid off, and after I buy some new furniture for the house and pay that off...I'm quitting!

Off to Dallas this weekend for Jenny's housewarming party! It will be great to see her and Tim and finally have some downtime!

No comments: