Friday, October 15, 2010

Lucky

Last night after work was the October AEP meeting at the Oklahoma Ballet Company studio. I struggled with whether or not I wanted to go...I took off work for it, but then all I wanted to do was be at home, watching TV and snuggling with Ryan. I decided to go for a few hours to see everyone because I knew I would feel guilty later for skipping out.

There are two people that always go to these events that drive me completely INSANE. I can't stand them. I go to great lengths to avoid being near them. Last night was no exception, and I spent half the night avoiding eye contact and walking very fast in the other direction when they came my way. I think the stress has built up and I just don't care to pretend anymore...I don't want to be around people that make me uncomfortable.

Eventually, my friends showed up and we had a great time! I love all of the PR girl friends that I have made this past year. Rachel, Dena, Kristen, Mindy....they're all so smart and connected and wonderful. We had some wine and caught up on the latest. And then, we got to have a sneak peek of the dancers performing Phantom of the Opera!

It was so dreamy.....








And when it was over, all of us decided that we were going to go see the show and make it a big girls night. We were going to head to the desk to buy tickets, but first there was a business card drawing for a free pair of tickets. I won! Hahaha! Two fabulous seats in row C, all mine.

Of course, being the nice person I am, I let them offset the cost of the other four tickets and all 6 of us girls split the remaining cost. We're going to see the Halloween show at 2pm and I can't wait :)

No comments: