Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weekend Review

I finally got a whole weekend off from the restaurant!! My fun began on Friday evening when I met up with Rhiannon in Edmond after work.

I was already up that way to pick up a Scentsy order from Megan Rountree when Rhiannon texted me and asked if I had to work. I didn't, of course, so we came up with a plan to get pedicures and grab dinner at the Spicy Pickle. It was glorious!!! I love random opportunities to get together and catch up with old friends. And of course, splurging on pampering and good food too. We both got the "Citrus Pedicure," and after we ate our yummy sandwiches, I headed home to clean up a little and watch some TV.

Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early to pack and then I was headed to Dallas for Jenny and Tim's housewarming party. I gave Jenny her housewarming present, which was the previously mentioned Scentsy warmer. It is brown, with a cross on the front and I got them some scent bricks to go with it! I forgot to take a picture :/ Sheh plugged it in and the whole condo started to smell like Blackberry Raspberry (or whatever it was called!)

Our first stop was the grocery store to pick up food and wine. We spent the afternoon preparing the food, arranging things in the condo and getting ready. The party was a success....lots of people showed up, everyone loved the food (including the awesome baked brie that Jenny made- I HAVE to get the recipe) and playing Beatles Rock Band. Jenny got lots of great presents, like gift cards to Lowe's and.....CANDLES!!!

Mmmm....food table.




My other favorite teacher friends, Kate and Alicia.




Me, a bit tipsy, sending self pictures to Ryan.



Jenny as Paul McCartney.



Sunday, I slept in while Jenny and Tim left for church. Lucy kept me company.




Then I met up with Jessica and Jim for lunch. Jess has a black eye from a softball game on Friday. She wore sunglasses everywhere we went!






So that concludes my fun trip down South. I'll be back before too long, I hope.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I hope it's before too long too my friend, and now it's my turn to come visit you! We should plan a weekend in advance and put it on both our calendars so we will for sure do it. I miss your face, sweet friend!!!