New Years Eve was a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda holiday this year. I had originally planned to hang out with Mallory, then wanted to go to Dallas with Mallory, then communication lines got crossed and she ended up making other plans bc she thought I was going to Dallas without her. Josh and Jana just happened to text me the day before to see what I was doing, so I decided to hook up with them since Wes was coming into town, and that group's always good for a fun night.
We planned to meet at Republic at 8, and then stay there drinking until midnight. Ryan was at the hospital, and I was sad I would not see him. I got there early to get on the waiting list for a table, and Ryan surprised me by showing up in his scrubs, haha. Everyone else got there a few minutes before they called our name and we all sat down to dinner. I tried the Scotch Egg, which was an egg rolled with sausage and then fried. It was yummy! Ryan and I got the fish and chips and all of us started trying new drinks. They have a crazy long beer list, and some fun cocktails.
Thank goodness for my iPhone camera.
Wes trying some "Moose Drool" beer.
Ryan had to leave, but we stayed for awhile until our bar tabs got too high. We didn't think it would be wise to stay until midnight, so after our waitress gave us party hats and noisemakers, we headed over to Josh and Jana's to wait for the ball to drop.
I am not sure what they were doing at this point...
We were all pretty sleepy by the time it happened. Wes got a NYE kiss from me, Jana, AND Josh and the dog. Then we went to bed.
1 comment:
I'm glad NYE worked out for you. I wish you could have come here for the night, but then you would have missed Ryan's surprise. =)
Post a Comment