Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Trip To Dallas

The weekend after NYE, Ryan and I wanted to check out furniture at IKEA so we planned a trip to Dallas. Of course, my main reason for going was to see Jenny, so when Ryan decided he didn't want to go through the hassle of renting a moving truck if we happened to find something we liked...I went ahead and hit I-35 after work Friday night.

When I got there, Jenny took me to a magical place. Eatzi's.



Here, we stocked up on mini bottles of wine, caprese salad, lasagna, tiramisu and Jenny got sushi. YUM. I could have stayed in that store for hours looking through everything they had and watching them bake bread and pastries. I am making it a "must visit" stop for Dallas weekends from now on.

Saturday, we slept in a bit, and then we went to eat breakfast at Buzz something. It was a cool coffeehouse atmosphere, and they served amazing breakfast!!! Once we (I) had eaten entirely too much, Jenny took me to IKEA where we spent the next 3 hours going through the ENTIRE store. This place is an institution!! We even had to take a break and split a $2 hot dog, chips and drink combo. I found some way cool stuff, including a desk, media center and some photo art that I liked. I will have to bring Ryan for real, so I can show him in person because the stuff is so cheap that we could afford to complete our living room right now!

Media center.



Cool zebra picture that I want but Ryan would never let me hang.



After IKEA, we saw Tangled at a nearby theatre. It was so cute. I don't think I will ever get too old for Disney movies, I can't wait to have kids and take them to every single one!

Sunday we woke up to snow and flurries. Jenny and I hit up Borders to buy the last installment in The Luxe series (she got me for Christmas and we are obsessed with it). Then I headed home before it got dark and the roads were in danger of freezing over.



I already can't wait to go back, it was such a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

looks like you girls had a lot of fun. i'm ready for your weekend here! =)

Jenny said...

We had a great time! Miss you Rhinnen! You guys have fun on YOUR girls weekend now! :)