We started our weekend of fun with dinner at Upper Crust. I realize that's not in line with the boot camp diet plan, but what the hey. We shared a bottle of wine and a "Numbers" pizza, and it was lovely.
We headed home to open Christmas presents at the house. Jenny got me the coolest scrapbooking kit - it's premade cardstock that you can use as inserts for scrapbook pages that have little pockets for the cardstock. Some of it is cute filler, or you can write in the text inserts, and they give you suggested layouts to create. I LOVE IT! Perfect for my Project 365 (which I have been doing now for 17 days!) She also got me a gift card to Half Price Books! Jenny liked her presents, I got her a gift card to Teaoli, Philosophy lip gloss and bubble bath and some cute stationary.
Just after we finished opening presents, we discovered something terrible. Jenny had to check her backpack last-minute at the airport, because while she was going through security she realized she had some expensive face mist in it. She realized she left an envelope of cash in the backpack, and when she opened it to check if the money was still there....it was gone. TSA had stolen the envelope. It was about $80. She was furious, I was furious. I got on the phone to try and report it, but of course I got a message that said they only work M-F and to call back then. That was a huge bummer.
The next day, we were up early and went to brunch at SophaBella's. We had a creepy waiter, and we both ordered semi-healthy egg-white omelettes and $1 mimosas. Yum!
Then we shopped at Half Price Books (where I bought two Frommer's books, one for Seattle and one for Alaska so I can start planning our May/June vacations!) We hit the mall, stopped by Teaoli where we sampled all the balsamic vinegars, olive oils and teas, looked around in The Paper Lion and Pinkitzel and after I dropped off my library books, we finally we headed home to pick up Ryan for dinner at Lottinvilles.
After dinner, we continued drinking and watched The Last of the Mohicans. Jenny loves this movie, and I think it was good....actually I think I had too much wine and martinis, because I don't remember much of it. We went to bed pretty late and were moving kind of slow the next day.
We watched Grey's and made one final stop at Schlotzsky's (where else) before I had to drop her off at the airport.
What a great weekend! It flew by. I am already planning my trip to Dallas to see her soon. :)
2 comments:
You two and your Schlotzsky's. ;o) Glad you two had such a fun weekend.
yes, we will love it forever! :)
i hate that there are no pictures of YOU on here, silly girl! had a blast, now come to dallas!! :D
Post a Comment