On the way to work today, I stopped at a red light. I was behind a giant orange moving truck. All of a sudden, I see its tail lights come on, and it starts backing up INTO MY CAR!!! Mind you, I was a good distance away but by the time I realized what was happening, and threw my car into reverse, it was still coming and I heard a noise as it hit the front of my car. I wanted to cry.
Then, the light turns green and the truck starts to drive away! The driver didn't even see me! At this point, I'm blaring my horn and flashing my lights. I'm not letting this asshole get away. I called by boss and told him what was going on, and he gave me the police phone number to call for a hit and run. I tailed this truck all over the city until it finally stopped at a house.
I rolled down my window (it was raining, like a monsoon outside) and yelled at the guys...they were walking away into the house. When I told them they hit me, they acted all surprised and we all went around to the front of my car to inspect the damage. He saw it before me and said, "There is not even one scratch on it." So I looked...and it is clearly evident where he hit me! The paint is all messed up in two different places, the GM symbol is so scratched up that it's ruined, and parts of the plastic vents are scraped! Plus, it looks like the panel got pushed in a little bit, it feels really loose.
So I told the guy I wanted his DL and insurance info, and he got on the phone with his boss. We called a cop to come out and write up a report, and when the cop asked the guy what happened, he told him that he thought I probably had those scratches and scrapes on my car before today. WHAT!! I told him, NO! This is a brand new car! Then he told the cop that the moving truck is a standard, so he might have rolled back a bit at the light. The cop asked me if I was following too close, I said absolutely not! I had to back up like 3 or 4 feet and he still hit me! I never park right behind cars at lights, for this exact reason!
I was so mad that the guy was trying to get out of everything, I just sat in my car and waited for the cop to finish the police report. The moving truck company better pay for the damages or somebody's going to be sorry. I guess I have to wait and see....I'm going to call the manager tomorrow if I don't hear from the insurance people, but I'm sure he's just as shady as his employees.
2 comments:
you are NOT having a good week my dear. i'm sowwy.
hugs to you ... sorry they're so far away!
you've not updated like you said you would ...
i got my christmas card today!! thanks, love!
Post a Comment