Sooo......the concert was one of the best nights, EVER, of course! I picked Hailee up from her house after work because we had to get to the casino really early to get our tickets. The radio guy didn't have them when we showed up, but he said we had time to eat dinner and he would come find us when he got them.
So we decided to go eat at Jason White's restaurant, Autographs....we wanted a drink, and I knew the prices were kinda high so I decided to try my luck on a slot machine on the way over. I told Hailee that whatever I won I would put towards our dinner. I was only betting .40 cents a spin, and on my second spin I got the bonus game!! (I was playing Super Jackpot Party, the best machine in the whole casino in my opinion). I had a crazy streak of luck and kept picking the big amounts and "extra" hits....and ended up with $36!! Not bad!! We were laughing so much because I made it look so easy. We went to the restaurant and ordered wine and dinner, and my winnings covered our whole tab.
The radio guy found us in the restaurant and it was time to go sit down, so we went inside the concert hall and located our seats. They were pretty good, not front row...but very close! It actually ended up being better since swarms of teenage girls started crowding the stage after the show started. She was soooo great live, it was unreal. I've been to concerts where the singing is ok, but you can tell they aren't as good as what their CD's sound like....not Colbie! She rocked it out! I was busy half the time trying to get a good picture without the flash on. It didn't work too well, if you've seen my facebook pictures.
The show was pretty short, she did all the popular songs and one or two from her upcoming album. Then it was time to go meet her! We waited in the backroom behind the stage and she took FOREVER to come out. Her manager said she likes to "wind down after the show." We went to the back of the line and were last to meet her (there were some casino people who got to come back there too). So when it was my turn, I got so nervous and just walked up like a retard with my CD and ticket stub and said something like, "I have two things!" Gawd. She shook my hand and said, "I'm Colbie" (No! Really?) and I told her, "I'm Andrea." Classic. She signed my ticket stub and I promptly smeared the ink when I took it back from her. It happened so fast, Hailee didn't get a chance to take a good picture. The one she did take, I deleted because I was hunched over the table and looked like a hobbit.
I was pretty pissed that she wouldn't pose with anyone for pictures, so I waited until she did her radio interview and then when she was walking about of the room with her entourage, I sucked it up and called, "Colbie...my picture didn't turn out at all, would you mind taking another one with me?" She acted a little put out, which I thought was pretty diva-like. She was holding a milkshake and her friend asked her if she wanted to put it down so she could take the picture. She just said no, and we took it really fast. And again, I LOOKED HIDEOUS! I was pretty bummed out when I saw it. But at least I got a close-up picture and nobody else did! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment