Monday, February 9, 2009

A Trip Across the State Line

I am back from Dallas and I had a great time, as expected....and the weekend disappeared way too fast, also as expected!

Jenny and I had a great time, and now we're both broke, haha. When I got there on Friday I was ready to pass out...so that's what I did. Then we woke up early on Saturday and Jenny and I went to the grocery store to buy stuff for breakfast. We got back to the apartment and Tim cooked up Belgian waffles, we made eggs and bacon and coffee...yum! Then we headed over to the mall and did a little shopping. I took back some clothes to Express and re-purchased them so I could get the Friends and Family discount, heh. I also finally bought some Oscar Blandi dry shampoo from Sephora that I have been dying to get for like a year. It smells like lemons.

We went to see Slumdog Millionaire after that and it was EXCELLENT. I found myself trying not to cry at random times during the movie.

I found out on Saturday morning from the girl who can't keep a secret that the old reporter that took my place in Ardmore is preggo!!! She doesn't even have a real boyfriend, she had been sleeping around with all the cops. Yikes!!!!!

Saturday night we picked up Tim from the apartment and went across the city to a really awesome Mexican restuarant. We had margaritas, mexican beer, fajitas...good times.

Sunday was really short and all we did was eat at Schlotzsky's with Alicia and then read magazines at Barnes and Noble for a few hours and then I had to head home. Or rather, Jenny and Alicia graded papers while I read magazines, haha!

When I got home, Ryan mentioned that he and his mom had talked about me all weekend.

Me: "Huh? About what?"
Ryan: "About us getting married and when it's going to happen."
Me: "Oh reallly."
Ryan: "Yep. I told her I could never find a better girl....."

SO RANDOM. And now I find myself freaking out. Is it going to happen soon???

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

i am so jealous of all the trips you've gotten to take!! agh! i'd give a kidney to get out of tulsa lately. it sounds like you had so much fun with jenny. i can't wait until you get to come visit me!!!